Apart from barbecues and listening to my amazing summer playlist, there's really not much I like about summer. I pretty much hate it.
1. Hay fever. Fucking hay fever ruins my life.
2. Spiders. There are so many spiders all over the place - and I read recently that because of global warming spiders are getting bigger and breeding a lot more. I have serious arachnophobia like you wouldn't believe.
3. I hate being too hot, makes me feel so damn lethargic and tired. When it gets to the point when you can't even walk to the shop and back without sweating, I hate that.
4. Since I'm not at university, I HAVE to work. I hate looking for a job and it's so damn hard to find any work here anyway. (This may be very much linked to reason 3, being tired and lethargic makes job searching and working even worse)
5. Winter clothes are better than summer clothes. I prefer wearing coats, jumpers, hoodies and jackets and stuff, not t-shirt and shorts.
6. No football season. I can barely survive the weekends during the season when there's an international break. The thought of months without any football league action is horrible.
7. If there is a hell, I'm pretty sure I'm going there so I have an eternity of living among fire ahead of me. At least let me leave in nice cool weather while I'm here.
Don't get me wrong, I love sunny weather as much as anyone, it's just the heat and all the bullshit it brings with it.
So, I am really considering something like an annual trip to Finland at the peak time of summer here cos I cannot stand it.
I'm sure I am not alone here. Anyone agree? Have another reasons for not liking summer?